STANDARDISED INFORMATIVE NOTE
Essential rights foreseen in Decree-Law no. 17/2018
- Travellers will receive complete essential information about the organised trip before they enter into the respective contract.
- There is always at least an operator responsible for the correct execution of all travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers have an emergency telephone number or details of a point of contact where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the organised trip to another person, provided that they give reasonable notice and, possibly, through payment of additional costs.
- The price of an organised trip can only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance, fuel prices), provided that this possibility is foreseen in the contract and, in any case, until 20 days before the beginning of the organised trip. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the organised trip, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller is entitled to a price reduction in case of reduction of any relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the organised trip, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the organised trip the trader responsible for the same cancels it, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the beginning of the organised trip, in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance in case of serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the organised trip.
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the organised trip terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the organised trip, significant elements of the same cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the organised trip and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction or compensation for damages or both where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
- If the organiser or the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser becomes insolvent after the start of the organised trip and if transport is included in the organised trip, repatriation of the travellers is secured.
RASO – Viagens e Turismo, S.A (GeoStar) subscribed an insolvency protection with the Travel and Tourism Guarantee Fund, by contacting Turismo de Portugal I.P the entity responsible for the respective mobilisation. TURISMO DE PORTUGAL, I.P.; Rua Ivone Silva, LOTE 6, 1050-124 Lisboa; TEL. 211140 200 | FAX. 211140 830; email@example.com
- Webpage containing Directive 2015/2302 as transposed into national legislation (check here)